Fascinating interview on Fresh Air about women's voices and how we are perceived because of they way we speak. I personally like the idea of not being imprisoned by my voice. In other words, I like having a choice in how I speak and that I don't just speak a certain way by default or because I don't know any other way. Vocal training gives us choices. I know for myself that working on my singing voice has improved my speaking voice and vice versus. And, maybe it's not about controlling the way other people perceive us, but more that we have some choice in the way we feel about how our own voices.
Filtering by Category: Voice
Master Class with Guy Babusek
For ALL singers of EVERY style of music
- Guy brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, artistry and his great sense of humor to his classes and they are always very well attended, inspiring, informative and fun!
- Guy will start his class by addressing vocal technique and he will then work with four different singers on vocal performance.
- Guy will also be available that same day for 30 minute or 60 minute private lessons from 10AM – 2PMthat will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
- In this masterclass with Guy Babusek, you will observe him apply the principles of healthy singing to four different singers.
- Guy will answer questions about what he is doing, and explain how the technique is being applied to each singer’s performance.
- The masterclass format is an excellent way to learn a great deal about how to apply sound principles of singing to one’s own daily singing practice.
When: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Where: Madilyn Clark Studios 10852 Burbank Blvd, N. Hollywood CA
This class is brought to you by the Institute for Vocal Advancement
This is a short video (about 5 minutes) and well worth the watch. Can be applied to just about anything.